Founded by Society members in the 1970s, Dorking Local History Group:
- Arranges monthly meetings with guest speakers, members’ evenings and guided walks
- initiates research into the history of Dorking and surrounding villages, and works with Dorking Museum to support members in carrying out their own research
- arranges outings to museums, galleries and other places of interestissues two newsletters a year
- publishes an annual journal, Dorking History
- publishes books and pamphlets on the history of the area
- sends delegations to academic symposia and is involved in local history events throughout Surrey
- keeps members informed of history-related events and initiatives in Dorking and the wider area.
Members range from those who actively research and publish, to those who simply attend monthly meetings. All are welcome.To find out more about the Local History Group and its current programme or to join, please click here.